By Isabel Minunni
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Serves: 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Leeks - sliced in ¼ inch rounds and cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 ½ cup good quality dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon dries thyme
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup clam juice
- 2 cup fish stock
- 1-28 ounce good quality plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 18 claims
- 6 cooked small clusters of snow crab legs - room temp.
- 1 ¼ pound cooked lobster-room temp. - broken up into 6 equal pieces
- 18 shrimp
- 18 sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley for garnish (if desired)
- 6 small sprigs fresh curly parsley
In a large Dutch oven with olive oil, cook leeks on medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until just starting to soften. Mix in garlic and cook for another minute, add wine and let cook for another couple minutes to cook out wine. Add in fennel, bay leaves, thyme, red pepper flakes, broth, clam juice, fish stock, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper and parsley.
Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
Place clams into broth until just ready to open, about 4 minutes, place crab and lobster into the pot to warm, add shrimp and scallops to cook until just opaque, about three minutes depending on size. Place an even amount of seafood and broth into 6 serving bowls and serve. Garnish with parsley if desired. Enjoy!